Open Commerce is a technology suite that enables marketing professionals in the fuel & convenience industry to create real-time, hyper-personalized offers and customer interactions across a variety of channels (mobile, web, SMS, and in-person) to drive customer behavior toward a desired goal.
Our technology bridges financial payment providers, retail fuel pump technology, and customer experience by wrapping low-level standards-compliant integrations with powerful software abstractions on an ultra-modern software platform. Our platform services and applications are built using a broad swath of technologies (Typescript, Node.js, Ruby, React, and others) interconnected via GraphQL and RabbitMQ, and run in AWS using Terraform, Helm and Kubernetes (via EKS).
● Node JS, React, TypeScript, GraphQL, microservices, Docker, relationship databases (esp. PostgreSQL), AWS.
● Practical experience building systems in Node.js and React;
● At least 5 years industry experience or equivalent;
● Experience building and maintaining backend APIs, including design, implementation, evolution, and maintenance;
● Familiarity with TypeScript, or similar modern strongly-typed language;
● Proficiency using a variety of database technology, both relational and non-relational;
● Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automated tests;
● Practical experience with service-based architectures;
● Independent and able to effectively self-organize and prioritize work;
● An ability to break down larger bodies of work for delivery as a series of smaller, self-contained changes to the system;
● Excellent spoken and written communication skills;
● BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent years of professional working experience.
WILL BE A PLUS:
● Experience in the retail and/or fuel & convenience industries;
● Experience working in distributed teams;
● Experience with Nest.js and/or GraphQL.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE POSITION INCLUDE:
● Working with the team, design and implement new functionality based on product objectives and requirements;
● Work with the broader product engineering team to plan and coordinate feature and functionality improvements, as well as resolve bugs and execute technical enhancements, that cross-cut large parts of our platform;
● Work to continually learn, improve technology skills, expand knowledge of the Open Commerce platform technologies, and gain increasing versatility across the breadth of our platform systems;
● Expand APIs and business logic, and as needed write or revise customer-facing API documentation;
● Extend and support implementation of front-end user interface applications (via React & TypeScript);
● Work with our infrastructure team to enable and enhance highly-available, performant, and well-instrumented backend applications and services that run in our customer environments at substantial scale;
● Support operations and infrastructure teams for issue resolution on relevant Open Commerce applications or services running in production environments.
● Long-term employment;
● Competitive compensation with regular performance-based salary and career development reviews;
● 22 working days of vacation per year;
● 8 paid sick leave working days per year;
● Health insurance program;
● Flexible working hours;
● Sponsored company educational program, corporate library;
● Comfortable and cozy office or full remote;
● Funny celebrations, team outings, and company events;
● A unique and friendly environment where everyone can explore and learn new technologies.